I have been thinking about getting a coach for past couple months. As I need someone to make me more accountable. I was looking at my Strava profile and I had most of my bike miles for this year, in the winter months. I know it is sad but it was on the bike trainer with TrainerRoad and Tour of Sufferlandria. Also was looking at my trainingpeaks account and wow for time, I trained a week. Then again I was busy with work but I need to make time for training.
My pros of having a coach
- Keeps me accountable
- Frees up time as he/she will have workouts already planned
- Provide wisdom and knowledge I do not have and able to break down items
- Hopefully prevents over training or injury
My cons of having a coach
- Cost with limited funds
- time commitment if I get a new job that drains all my free time up (in the market so I do not know)
- location if I moved if I pick a local coach
I have a few prospective coaches, I want to talk to. I know I want something for next year but not sure what yet. It might be a coach with a plan, or just a plan or a coach to check up on me ever few weeks. That is about it. For those who read my blog, let me know what you think.