So after using the Garmin Fenix 3 for a little while. So here is a list of items I like and dislike about it.
- Color screen to make it easy to look at
- data screens options (perfect for swimming 4 data fields on the screen, bike, and run too)
- can have multi powermeters/candence/heartrate to sync to without having to pair each item again (unlike Fenix 2)
- Activity tracking (like it to tell me to move if I been sitting for to long)
- Able to use Styrd PowerMeter on the watch after download from IQ
- Virtual Racer and Virtual Partner
- Swim HR once I get the straps
- VO2 max for both running and biking
- now able to add other sport profiles onto the watch as well
have to start the sleep mode(edit now this is automatic now)
- different charger then Fenix2 (it is improve) but I have 2 others I need to get rid of now
- no strava segments warnings unlike my Edge 810 (if I was strave premuin and have a smart phone)
I do not have a smart phone so I can not put this as a plus or a negative right now. I will test it out once I get one as soon as one big US Carrier carries the phone I want.
So overall I am pretty happy with the update I did even thou I do miss my Fenix2 for some items. Will I buy this again yes you bet. I need something for multi sports function for when I am doing a brick or even if I am doing a tri.
Thanks for reading my short blog. Happy training.